Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday, Jan. 13, 2008

Well, it's suppose to be a day of rest today and I'm sure sticking to that! I've been sitting here on the computer sipping coffee and reading emails I just heard from my Auntie Irene!! Irene is really my aunt, but she's more like best friend, a mom, a sister and an old playmate of years gone by. Our age difference isn't that much and we were always playing paper dolls together and we'd get those old "Hit Parade" magazines out, that gave us the words of the songs. We'd sit for hours and sing! "How much is that doggie in the window?" Peggy Page, or " The Sifting, Whispering Sands" that has the wind howling in the distance. She did the speaking part, I did the sound of the wind! She always got the best parts!!!
I inherited my love of writing from Irene. She loved to write also and I'd go up to visit on a Saturday and she'd quickly pull me from Nanny's tin box of date squares, to her room to make me listen to to her new novel she was working on. But they we're more like plays, and we'd have to play the parts. She always picked these rough and tumble names for her characters, like Clint, or Rock or Weston, or something like that. We'd giggle and laugh and have a great time, until I remembered the date squares waiting in that tin in the cupboard!! It was always full of delicious fresh baked treats. I'd be in my glory having one in my hands, heading for my mouth and Irene would pick up an apple or an orange and I'd stare at her in disbelief! I used to think he flipped her lid!! Sure explains why she's thin and I'm round now.
Then as we got older we'd try our hand at writing and she'd write a few chapters of a book and send it to me and I'd write a few chapters, carrying on, from where she had left off. Hey, we we're good at it. Then she'd quit, because, she didn't like that my character killed off hers, and she'd have to re invent another one out of nowhere!!! Great fun!! Want to do it again Irene?



She mentioned a book to me this morning, but what was the title of the book I'm suppose to read? With that in mind, here's a few good one's I'd recommend. You can write comments on here you know!
Here's the ones I've read recently: This 1st one, I read on the Cruise.


1. Long Way Gone-Memoir's of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah


2. The Glass Castle, by Jeanette Walls


3. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne


4 The Time Travellers Wife by AudreyNeffenegger


5. Secret Life of Bees by Sue Kidd

Now, I'm reading a book that the bank sent me..yeah the bank sends me novels to read!!! It's the charity they are into, and they want to share the book, I guess. It's called Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson. It's a true story. Had to try to stick with it but it's getting better now. Ohhh yeah...also Pillars of the Earth was good and now I'm going to buy the sequel, which the title escapes me now. It's so thick I need to buy those ones, because a two week loan from the library won't do it!
Okay, Tom just woke up from his snooze and I think the dog know's it's time for him to go out.
Because I'm getting tired of scrubbing those little yellow stains off the white rug, I'm going to end this quick and get him outside!!!


More later.


Oop's. just about forgot the picture of the day...



This is TJ. Cute, bossy, spoiled and full of pee and poo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels