Thursday, February 7, 2008

CHINESE NEW YEAR Year of the RAT!
RAT YEARS
1900, 1912, 1924. 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, 2052, 2044, 2056, 2068, 2080, 2092

On the bright side, the Rat boasts:
Appeal
Sociability
Influence
Intellect Year of the RAT!
Thrift
Charisma





Hi and Happy Chinese New Years!! It's a big time out here and I'd love to go to Chinatown to see the festivities, but Surivor is on tonight and wild horses couldn't drag me away from the tv tonight!

It's a lovely sunshine, mild day here today and it began with a wonderful phone call from my friend Mike at the College. What a lovely surprise and it made my day! I really miss you and thanks for the call.Then, Tom and I went to the pool and I did 15 laps!! I think I over did it, and pulled a muscle doing the side stroke, which is my "taking a rest stroke". I could feel it hurting and I should have stopped but foolishly didn't! Then we went to the Senior Center for lunch. I had 1/2 a sandwich I and Tom had delicious looking chowder. The scales have dropped 7 pounds since our cruise. Two pounds since I really began the diet on Monday of this week, and I'm not starving, but boy would I love a mess of chocolate!\\

I'm really enjoying the book, The Other Boleyn Girl. Can't wait to get my nose back into it.

I've downloaded some more pictures from my discs, so just going to sent a few for you to see and call it a night.

Everyone who is in the Survivor pool better let either Bill or me know after tonight's show. Those in the last game has his email. I'll see Bill on Monday, so can give him your $5.00 to play. Don't forget to pay me!!! Also....Good Luck!!

Pictures of the day:













Tom (Isn't he cute!)



Some pictures of Chinatown, keeping with the theme of todays blog. Very colourful eh!






This is Jane who came out with my sister to visit and babysit our pets while we went cruising!


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhh I remember touring Chinatown with you! It really was so colourful! (stinky...but colourful).

    I have to hold back on my comments about tonight's Survivor...cause you haven't seen it yet...it's a good one!! I'll send it to Bill later...after everyone out West has had a chance to see it.

    You're really doing well with your diet and weight...geeeeeee send me your regimen and meal list!

    I'm really enjoying your Blog! I look forward to new posts! You're writing is so natural and it's fun to read what you've been doing every day. I find myself checking in to read a new one every time I pass the computer.

    Love you lots
    Sam xo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels