Saturday, February 2, 2008

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY EVERYONE!
I didn't hear if Wiarton Willie found his shadow today or not. However the way the forecast looks, we are going to have very cold temperatures, right across Canada.
It was lovely and mild here today, although we had a few sprinkles in the morning. The news said that just a few miles from here, they had a real snow storm. Funny how the mountains and the sea can make a big difference weatherwise.
We walked a block to a restaurant, a "greasy spoon", that we often pass by and always say, we should try it out of a breakfast of bacon and eggs. But it had closed it's doors so we walked to the closest place, because that's when the rain started, and ended up at a coffee shop instead. So, we had a muffin and coffee instead. I wanted bacon and eggs, because...my diet starts on Monday!
We came home and I was wanting to go to the afternoon movie, but Tom wasn't in the mood, especially for a violent one like "No Country For Old Men", so I went off to the mall instead to find some different makeup!! I hate this brown!!! It makes my eyes look red as if I was crying and I've added eyebrows, which I never had before and I look like Lucy Arnez with her surprised face! EWW GAWD!! So, I went in seach of Chemical Free, or organic makeup. Not an easy chore!! I wish, I wish, I could walk in to Shoppers Market and just buy makeup like everyone else, but this darn contact dermatitis drives me nuts! It's only on my eyes!! I swear I'm adopted!!! Why is it only me that this stuff happens too in our family? Gosh, I could make a long list of our noticable differences!!
I've had luck with The Body Shop stuff before (they don't make blue either anymore), so I got a darker brown, with some other colours that I'll try tomorrow morning. By night time tomorrow, I'll likely have scabs around my eyes!! A woman at the Whole Foods make-up counter gave me a card of her friends, that does over makeup and on the card she's called a Transformation Artist!!
Wow!!! That would be fun to go to!! I'm a little skeptical about going though, because this friend of hers looked kind of butch! So, I'm not sure who I was talking to! She had NO make up on either!

Tom didn't want to come with me, so I drove him nuts with the cell phone...well, he drove me nuts too!! Every 10 mins or so we'd call each other with some stupid comment, and I'd be standing alone in the mall giggling and lauging into the phone. (Just like everyone else at the mall!) So, really, he did come with me, only not physically! Gosh, I miss my pals at home!!!! Honestly, though, it was fun!

We had meatloaf sandwiches for supper and boy was that recipe ever good!! This one stuck together instead of falling all over the place like mine usually do.

We have a wedding to go to in June! Tom's daughter Meredith and fiance Dave are tying the knot. Meredith becomes an instant step mother to two teenage girls! I don't envy her that!!

This is Meredith and Dave! Cute eh? Dave has his beautiful home on the market and Meredith just put her lovely and artful home on the market as well. She just finished getting it decorated the way she wanted it and then life changed for them. They have another house picked out and wow, is it a beauty!! First they have to sell the ones they live in now! Speaking of step mothers....I'm hers!!



I'm very lucky to be adopted into this wonderful family. I have a son now too!! Always wanted a son and his name is Martin and he's only a few years younger then me! I love to tease him and tell him to make sure he doesn't go out without clean underwear and all the things that moms say to sons. Martin's wife, Joan, is a real fun person. Very quick witted and great sense of humour and a heart as big as can be and made of gold. Not a great picture but all I can find at the moment. I have step grandchildren too.




This is Ed and his wife Kim. TJ, sure is looking them over eh? Both really nice people!


I can't believe I don't have a picture of Toms Grandaughter Heather and husband Kevin. Heather is expecting a baby in the Spring and everyone is looking forward to that. I'll have to show you Heather and Kevin another time.


Well, I have many books to read, so I'm going to leave you with this little poem for all you Ontario people, which seems so appropriate right now. Be safe in the snow!!
Canadian Poem
It's winter in Canada
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love Canada
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And you nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Canada
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels