Tuesday, March 18, 2008

EASTER WEEK ON MARCH 18th



Gosh, are we ready for Easter already?? Seems like we just had St. Patrick's Day and wasn't that a fun time!! Actually, to be quite honest, we never had a green beer or even some delicious Irish Cream liquor. Because of my cold, Tom made me a hot toddy with dark rum and honey. Dark rum...never again!!! I think my system does not like me drinking dark rum!!! It told me so in the wee hours of the night when I felt the rumblings and grumblings and much murmuring in the dark, from under the covers, and it felt like a truck was trying to run over my mid torso!



Today, we were up early and out the door running, heading off to White Rock, to see the groomer for this very spoiled, very Maltese dog of ours, a little girl called TJ, who now sports a very short haircut, and a pretty orange bow in her hair. It's cut so short, you can see the pink of her skin, and I wasn't sure when I saw her if she wasn't a little piglet? I like her cut on the fluffy side, but Tom insisted we do it shorter for the warmer weather. So, when we got home, the cat always greets us at the door. Batman took one look at TJ, and you could see his little brain turning and coming up with some sarcastic, put-down, that I wish I could understand cat talk, but from the look he gave the dog, it must of been something funny!




Speaking of Easter coming on the early side this year, and the amount of snow Ontario got, do you think the Easter bunny will be able to find his way with all that snow?? Well, his eggs won't melt anyway!!It has been a truly glorious Spring day here. It was a lovely drive out to White Rock and again, I kicked myself for not taking the camera along. The daffodils and flowers are incredible and getting more so each day. I love Spring here! None of that dirty old stuff left on the side of the road from gravel spread by the snow removal trucks. (I'm not rubbing it in, just love how it looks here!)




We had a coffee with Doug, Tom's fireman buddy, at Tim Horton's. I left them to chat and I went off to browse the mall there, but when just getting over a cold, I'm still feeling weak in the knees and last night, I had a miserable time sleeping, so we didn't stay long.




Last night, when I did fall asleep, I had bought and was decorating Joseph's house in Owen Sound! I remember the inside of that place like the back of my hand and I loved that house! Of course, I tore down a wall or two, put a whole apartment in the attic, which was two lovely room. I used to think that was the kind of attic that Anne Frank hid out! They had such a big yard out back too, and a huge double story garage, that us kids used to think tramps lived up stairs, hiding. On those brave days, in the hot summers when we were bored, and feeling quite able to protect ourselves, we'd creep up those old stairs, and what I remember, still floors me. Even as a child, I knew what treasures there were stored up there. All sorts of antiques, and beautiful vintage clothing and trunks and oh, how, I'd love to revisit it now, with everything still intact. I'm sure all those treasures belong to other people now, or perhaps they got thrown into the dump as junk!!




Well, I rattled on too much with my yesterday blog, so better make this one short. I have to run up to the library, where we had between the pages of a returned book, Tom's requisitions for his medical tests on Thursday. I'm so glad they called and said they'd hold them for us. If they hadn't been found, we would have had this place upside down in a panic looking for them!!




Picture of the Day: Ahhhh, who'd of thought, we'd make a magazine cover!! So sweet!!




Thought for the day!
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return







2 comments:

  1. Thought for the day!
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels