Wednesday, May 7, 2008

GREEN EYES

Green Eyes
Looking Mighty Regal eh?



Batman is now about 15 -16 years old. He was born a barn cat, at my daughters place and one day, I went out for a visit and came home with a kitten. I had no idea I'd have this pet all this time! Batman and his siblings were named by my Grandson's when they were just learning to talk and they named the kittens, "Peter Pan, Batman and Purple." I think there was a Spiderman in there too.

He's a cat with an attitude! Social but not affectionate unless he decide's he wants a little loving. He doesn't seem to miss our dog, TJ at all. In fact he seems more relaxed, without the dog jumping out at him, like Cato on the Pink Panther would.

He's quite talkative and always bawling me out for something, very bossy, and when it's time for my usual evening bathtime, he loves to lay beside the tub and wait for me. Sometimes he will put his face up to let me wash it. He greets us at the door when we come home with a little "meow". He still chases his tail and loves to play. He's also cost me a fortune through the years!! He may be heading off for some surgery, as I think his teeth are bothering him AGAIN! He's drooling and not eating and getting thinner! Prying open his mouth to look inside, is something he just won't allow me to do.

Today, it's very cool out, and very windy. Yesterday was lovely and warm and we were in shirt sleeves and had dinner out on the deck. Too windy for that today! Especially on the 7th floor.

later....
We just got back from booking this exciting news!!
Hear Yea, Hear Yea...We just booked at 14 day trip to ALASKA!!!! We go August 17 and return on the 31st. Again, it's the Zaandam/Holland America ship, that we went to Hawaii on and our good friend Lucky who is working on the ship will be there also. We don't know where on the ship we will be yet. So, a big thanks to Helen at BCAA for booking the trip for us, she is a wonder!!



Great news eh? I'm all excited and now going to go read the Alaska brochure and see what wonders behold us!!

Picture of the day:
4 Generations!



Thought of the day: I think that travel comes from some deep urge to see the world, like the urge that brings up a worm in an Irish bog to see the moon when it is full. ~Lord Dunsany


About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels