Monday, June 30, 2008

HEY! Did you hear about.....


DAVE K, HAS AN INTERESTING SITE!


Did you hear about the great site that Dave K, in Capreol has started? Check out Capreol:http://capreol.ning.com/?xgi=4DtQ8Ii It will be pretty neat to connect with old friends and hopefully not as complicated as Facebook..which I hate!
For those that don't know what the heck I'm talking about, I grew up in Capreol, went to Capreol High, got married (first time), and still think fondly of Capreol, with many great memories. Way to go Dave!!! I hope it's a smashing success!! (I'm trying to spread the word!)

It's been a busy weekend! First Tom's daughter's wedding, then yesterday we kind of became couch slugs and did nothing and enjoyed every second of it. We read, sat outside and enjoyed the weather.


Today, I had a rare and sudden burst of energy and steam cleaned all the carpets, went for breakfast, and came home and steam cleaned them again. They came out looking great! Then trying to find room in our locker to store it, was a challenge in itself with boxes of this and that, falling on my head, but I got the door shut and locked and dear knows what will happen when it's opened again!! Watch out head!!!

Then, I cleaned windows!! Can't have clean carpet without clean windows!! It's amazing how newspaper can clean the window's (using vinegar and water), so well. There must be something in the newsprint that acts as a cleaner. I sure had dirty hands though!

So, the house is clean and I'm whipped!! Tom actually did the steam cleaning, I did the moving furniture! We both worked hard!

Well, we waited a long time for this heat wave, and I love it!!! It can stay like this for a LONG time!!

I couldn't resist this one too!




Picture of the Day: Nice picture of my STEP-SON, Martin and his wonderful wife Joan, who calls me "The wicked step-mother in law!!" I hope she's joking!
Thought of the day! A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.































No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels