Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WED OCT 8 YOM KIPPUR BEGINS AT SUNDOWN

YOM KIPPUR BEGINS AT SUNDOWN


Today, Wed. October 8th, at sundown, starts Yom Kippur, otherwise known to the English-speaking world as the "Day of Atonement". This day marks the end of the "Days of Awe" begun with Rosh Hoshanah.To my Jewish and Messianic Christian readers, may your fast be light and easy, may your festive meal be full of happiness and friends, and may the Temple yet be rebuilt. May your old, badly kept vows be washed away. May your new covenants and vows be kept solemn and true in the new year.


Personally, I don't know much about the Jewish faith, however embrace all faith and belief's.

I met a lovely, elegant Jewish lady on our cruise to Alaska and this is especially for her and hope I have the above (copied) wording is correct.Our life is much richer having met you Joan
Love Tom and Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels