Friday, November 27, 2009

MY LIFE TO DATE

workplace-stress-4

 

 

My big question today is a very familiar one to everyone. WHERE DOES TIME GO????

clock We've all heard it said. As kids, adults talked about how fast the years were flying by. For us, an hour was an eternity. Now, at the ripe old age of 65, I wonder myself, how does the day begin early, and I crawl out of bed, and I turn around and it’s time to crawl back in again!

All the things I had planned to do, is sitting undone, waiting as it did yesterday! Today, I thought I’m going to accomplish many things, and I look around, and the big box the printer came in, that I was to tear apart and take to the garbage, still sits in the middle of the floor, and now, I’m wondering…I know I filled the washing machine, but did I turn it on? Hold on, I’ll go look and get right back to you!! BRB.

Well, whatta ya know….I did turn it on, and now it’s in the dryer! But I found the cup of tea, I had made for myself,  still sitting in the kitchen, forgotten and not drunk! Oh dear!!

I have no desire to move mountains, construct monuments, or leave behind in my wake material evidence of my existence. But in the final recollection, if the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart... then in living - I have made my mark. -- Thomas L. Odem, Jr.

I think the above is my new motto!! I did take some morning pictures from the balcony I can show you though.

This is the morning fog, looking across the water to Vancouver.

P1070796

It was a lovely sight with the fog, before the morning sun, (YES SUN, FINALLY) began to burn the fog away.

P1070794

P1070795

P1070793P1070799

HEY!

  How do you like these babe’s?

P1070802

Isabelle, Tom’s sister, gave me this wonderful folk art of these little gals. I’ve always loved them and she knew it, and was going to throw them away, but kindly thought of me, and now they are mine and I love them!!! I need to add some little new feather’s to their hair and some sequins as well, but I think they are so cute. Now, I’m wondering where I’ll put them!

My dollies

P1070803

Next blog, I’ll get back to more into the Ancestry finds I’ve made. I been fortunate to have been invited to join a ancestor site, so I better get at it, before I’m kicked off for not even mentioning it!!…Well…I just did!!

GeneaBloggers

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's the view from your house? I wouldn't get much done either with that scenery to look at all day! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels