Sunday, February 5, 2012

SUPERBALL SUNDAY!


SUPERBALL SUNDAY....OH HUMMMMM!

I know it's a big thing for sports fan, but I'm not one of them, unless perhaps its play-off hockey or baseball, but that's pretty well it!

So, it's a day of rest and relaxation for me. In fact, I've been so lazy, I haven't even made the bed! What a sloth eh!
I did make a nice meal though, and taught our budgie bird a new trick of taking the stones out of a tray that holds candles and these little stones and dropping them outside the tray...more work for me, but fun to watch him play with them.

It's been a beautiful day and we were out walking late this morning at 8 AM, an hour later than usual, but it was sleep-in Sunday!

This of the new snow on the mountains I took at the other day.


A cargo ship that had dropped anchor, probably waiting for his turn to go into Vancouver. The rest, some I  zoomed and some not.
The sun had just come up and was hitting it perfectly!



 Dundarave Pier

I wonder who does all these stone balancing? It's like elves in the night! One morning you come down and there is a whole section of stones balanced precariously on top of one another. Then the tide comes in, knocks them over, but someone goes to work building them again. It's really incredible to see!

 Lots of ships anchored, ready to unload or load cargo and set off to different parts of the world.

Life continues to be normal down at the Lagoon, other end of my hike.
I wonder if there will be baby swans this year!




I walked right through these guys, then covered my head!
 I LOVE swans! They are so beautiful, and this morning they had their wings up and spread out. Gorgeous!



 I guess it was a lazy Sunday for the ducks on shore too!


That's all folks! See you next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda, I so enjoyed going along on your walk. Your first photo of the snow on the mountains is so Beautiful and Breathtaking. I would put this photo on my wall if I were you. You must have so many beautiful pictures of the Mountains and the Ocean. I would love to be able to travel and see these things some day. I always said if I won the lotto I wanted to travel all over Canada, and see it from coast to coast before I went anywhere else. We live in such a Beautiful Country and I think many take it for granted. I would love to be able to retire and become a traveler with my camera in hand.

    I love the swans too and hope they will nest on the rock cut behind the hospital so I can photograph them and follow their progress.

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving your encouraging comment. I haven't been able to get out much since Nov. with my camera. My mom isn't well and I spend most of my free time with and doing things for her these days. She got sick with pneumonia and had to start on dialysis as she has Chronic Kidney Disease. She still lives at home with help. We take it a day at a time. She just turned 77yrs. old in Jan.
    I will say hello to Cathy when I see her. Thanks for your visit. It was nice hearing from you. If you are ever in town stop over for a visit with Cathy. I would like to meet you some day.
    Have a great week.
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels