Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 YEAR OF THE DRAGON



THE DRAGON IS STILL ASLEEP


HERE, IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE WAKING UP THE DRAGON BY PAINTING OPEN HIS EYES. 
HE'S WAKING UP! (Thats somebody's head that got in my camera frame) 
HE'S AWAKE AND MOVING ENERGETICALLY  AND  THE CHINESE NEW YEAR HAS BEGUN!

My friend and I went to the Chinese New Year Celebration at the Community Center here in West Vancouver this past weekend.
It was full of colour, loud beating of drums, dancing and darn good entertainment, lot's of prize draws, and food and little gift bags to take home.


Below, the Dragon is throwing lettuce out to the crowd to signify good fortune in the year ahead.



Beautiful, graceful young ladies, doing a lovely dance.
They could move their arms so gracefully, in moves I couldn't even get mine to bend the same!
This gal did a graceful solo dance

I turned to take a picture of my friend who had to sit across the aisle from me, as we could only get single seats, it was so packed. She was taking a picture of me at the same time!  Hello June!
More dancing!
Lovely costume's!
How do they get their hair like that???


These young people with the drums, where incredible!!! I've never seen such fast drumming. The gal on the far right really  had a beat and rhythm going on and was fun to watch her.
Beautiful wooden instruments! I think this was the Korean group.
Fan Dance!


So cute, and so entertaining!


The other day, we had a wind storm, but it was mild, so I headed out for my walk to the Seaway anyway.
I went partway along the seawall, but the waves we're so high and rolling in over the Seaway, that I had to change the direction of my walk. 
The waves where so strong it blew off the concrete blocks, inserted on metal pegs to hold them in place. The blocks and logs where right up and across the seawall! What a mess! I tried walking for a short distance, but dodging the stones the waves threw up and the odd branch or log, plus keeping from getting wet, was more then I could handle. 
These following pictures are with my iPhone, so not as good as my camera.
Funny, how in these pictures the water is calm looking, but believe me it wasn't! (See note at end of this blog)  All of this destruction happened in the early  hours, before I went walking. Either that, or I was at a curve on that Seawall that had calmed down when the wind that was raging before.

Those are heavy cement blocks laying on the walkway.





Today, I went on an unsuccessful shopping trip into Vancouver. I just don't think I'm much of a shopper anymore. We've been going through clothes we don't wear anymore and other junk around here, that is just clutter, and taking to the Salvation Army, so I just will wear what I have...which is enough....for now!!
What a changed woman I've become...is that another age thing???
Everything seems connected with getting older anymore!
Note:
The Seawall picture's we're taken the day AFTER the storm in the early morning. Good Lord...the water is calm and I'm telling you it was causing that much damage! Another senior moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels