Tuesday, October 25, 2016

NOISE, NOISE AND MORE NOISE!!

COPYRIGHT  MICHAEL BREWER


IT'S NOISY AROUND HERE!

OMG! Tuesday's around here have to be the worst place to be if you love peace and quiet!

It was one of those nights when sleep just wouldn't come, and all those silly things in your head, just won't go away. My brain was working overtime going though the weirdest things and old memories, and what would happen if....an earthquake...what to do, what to do?

I did fall asleep I think for about 10 minutes, and I was married to someone called Barkley, who came home one day, said he'd be back, and then I get a call from him in Kentucky, telling me he was staying there forever! Sheesh, who is Barkley and why would Kentucky come into it? So weird, but what the heck, it was only a 10 minute marriage anyway!

So, back to noise! All these buildings around here have their own Property Management with lawn and garden care. I think they all plot against us who live here, and together they pick Tuesday as the day to invade with leaf blowers, chain saws, lawnmowers, whipper snippers and any other tool that is loud!
Then along comes the road sweeper, up one side and down the other! UGHHHHHHH! My head is exploding!

We have a detour one street over, so traffic is re-routed down our street. At the bottom of our street is a major construction going on with new 5 level housing complex, which has started last Spring and won't be over until next July. It will be lovely when finished, with a lovely design by the waterfront, with new area's for the public. But ohhh man, all these cement trucks and all that pile driving noise is making me deaf! It's sort of ironic that a place called Hearing Connect for hearing aids, sits two doors down.

We also have a condo undergoing renovation in our building and every noise can be heard bouncing off the walls. I also think this is the day they test the fire alarms!

Did I mention we live right by a elementary school! I think these kids are outside (rain and all), more than inside at their desks! I just remember a 20 minute recess in the morning and one in the afternoon when I went to school. 

Do, I sound a little grouchy today?? That's what happens when I lack sleep.
Being married to that loser in my dream called Barkley, who I don't think I even seen in my dream, he was sort of "just there, but "not really", if you know what I mean.
Hope he loves Kentucky, I don't want him in my dreams!

For heaven sake....I forgot it's garbage day too. I hear them coming and empying the bins with a clang and a bang!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels