Thursday, February 28, 2008

HI FROM THE WEST COAST

Ahhh, but it's a beautiful day here on the west coast of Canada! It's so warm today, that even a sweater is too much to wear. When the sun shines, I feel like the Energizer Bunny and feel alive and well and have the urge to actually do some work around here!

So, got up, made breakfast and said goodbye to Tom as he went off to get a haircut and go to the chiropractor. I cleaned up, made a lemon pie, gave TJ a much needed bath, did some laundry, then walked over to the mall with the dog to meet Tom. Then we went to Tim Horton's for a coffee and cookie, thanks to my Auntie Irene, who was so kind to give Tom a birthday gift, on his 80th, of a whole bunch of Tim Horton gift certificates. We've really been enjoying them!!

Then today, I got another gift from my Auntie Irene, which was a gift certificate that I can go shopping with!!! Yesterday, I got some great lotto tickets to enjoy scratching while in the bathtub, from my Auntie Colleen and I won $50,000 on the first ticket and $25,00 on the second. Okay Colleen, I must stop playing dirty tricks on you!!! You can pick yourself up off the floor now, because, the figure I won, was actually around $10 on one and $2.00 on the other. You bring out the devil in me.....can't help it!! Thank you, and I'll send them all back to Lisa, who also sent me a couple of winners and she can cash them in for me, as Ontario one's don't work in BC. So, thanks to both of you! You make me feel loved and so fortunate to have both of you!

My diet....remember that big "tadoo" over that subject! Well, I'm still thinking about it, but haven't done much acting on it. Ahhh, I'm not fat, just fluffy!! I just finished eating a half an apple, so how healthy is that for a snack?? However, I dipped the apple pieces in Caramel Dip!

Was delicious too!! I could lick the container of dip with my tongue to get every last drop. I quit eating the rest of the apple because the dip was gone too!! For some reason today, I don't even care, I'm just glad to be alive today, even if a heart attack could be waiting on the horizon from not sticking to my "tadoo!" This is a horrible subject..time to move on!!

Well, I phoned Lisa on her cell today (twice) and got her answering machine, so I don't know how she is doing. I talked to Matt on the computer and he said, she is starting a new job on Monday at a different dealership. Geeze, I'm only the mother and worried out of my mind about what is taking place at home, while this turmoil of a marriage breakup is in it's throes, and nobody tells me anything!!! Sometimes I wonder about life!

I called Richard and he's coping as best he can, but I think he needs some friends to talk to and get some release of his feelings. With the boys out so much with their girlfriends, he's left pretty much alone with his thoughts and I worry about him. So you friends of both of these two people going through this bad time, PLEASE don't forget to listen and offer encouraging words to both of them!!! They both need it!! It has nothing do do with us, and sides shouldn't be taken with their friends...isn't that what friends are for? The boys seem to be coping well and that's a relief.

They have their girlfriends for support and to talk with. It's a difficult time for everyone and I'm coping with it better then I was. But, then again, I'm so far away from it all, and that too, is a hard thing. It's just a sad situation!!

It's hard to believe March is almost here! Just around the corner! Thank goodness to be past the most miserable month of February, weatherwise, anyway!! But you know what they say about March...in like a lion, out like a lamb, or is it the other way around? Also BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH....is another thing they say about March. Also, it's my favourite because of the "wearing of the green!" St. Patty's Day!!! St. Patricks Day was always a big day around our house when we were kids, as Mom was from Ireland and Dad squeeked though as an Irish person because his grandmother was from Ireland, so we all wore green and had something for dinner that was one way or another green, even if it was green icing on cupcakes, something was always done with green dye. I'll never forget the time I came home from school and there was my Mom and Dad, under the kitchen table together with a sheepish smile of their faces, grinning from the effects of green beer. They were giggling and happy and I just looked at them with scorn on my face!! I mean there were my parents, loaded and laughing like two kids!!! Then the worst of it was, Dad had painted a huge big shamrock on moms bare bum!! Yeah...no kidding!!! They had to show me that!!! I was disgusted at the time, but looking back, what fun they had, what loved they showed each other and what memories they made for each other..and for me!! They enjoyed life and can that be bad?? However, there's no way, you will find any shamrocks painted on MY bum on St. Paddy's Day. We'll celebrate a different way and I'm not telling you how!! Heh, heh, heh!!!

I'm addng a new thing on here starting today, either a saying or a poem. Let me know if you like this added feature. But first..Picture of the Day!!

Mom and Dad having fun together.

Thought For The Day
"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels