Friday, March 28, 2008

IT'S RAINING....again



Time to build an Ark??
Well, I don't really think so yet, but I do yearn for some really warm sunshine....like "hot" would be nice! This morning, we had snow falling, however it never stays, just looks pretty. But, it's cold and has that damp feeling that just goes right to the bone! I just had to go put on a sweater! I hate being cold!

Well yesterday, a real horrible thing happened to me, and it's left me depressed, upset and just can't comprehend what's happened to me! Where did I go?? Where did my youth go. One day, I seem to wake up and I'm happy that I reached age 16 and then I could hardly wait to be 18, and wow...to be 20..that should earn me some respect in being called an adult!

Yesterday, I got the mail, and there was this big brown envelope from the Government of Canada and I though, ahh, just another thing about our taxes or something, so I just tore it open and my next reaction was to go weak in the knees, the blood in my head seem to fall to my feet and I could feel all colour leaving my face. My eyes bugged out of my head and I felt like I'd fallen into the pits of despair!
The envelope was full of forms with a letter to apply now for OLD AGE SECURITY!!!!!!!

Good Lord, even writing about it has me broke out in hives, and I really feel like my self portrait just above, but a tad worse!!
What a milestone eh? I mean, I turned 64 this year, and that never hit me, it just never occurred to me that age 65 meant OLD AGE!!

Then today, Tom and I both had our yearly physicals. Well between us, we have so many tests and medical appointments to mark on our calendar, that our whole summer will be spent testing to see what is broke down, or about to break down in our old bodies!
It's downright depressing!

Tom has been working so hard to get our GPS working. He's on the phone quite often with Martin, getting assistance with this mind boggling problem, which is another effect of our old age, in dealing with this new technical stuff. All I can hear from Tom every now and then, is his favorite swear word when he gets exasperated with something is "Shit and Two's Four!" It makes me wonder what Martin's favourite swear word is every time his phone rings and he sees on call display, who it is!

I guess for all you working folks, you are glad the weekend is over, and for those that had this week off because of an extended Easter holiday, you will be sad it's over. As for me...one day seems to just run into another and it doesn't matter what day it is. I even find that the days seem to be shorter and shorter. We wake up and before you know it, bedtime is here!! But tomorrow, I'm joining some other friends and we are going to some outlet stores to browse and have lunch, and just enjoy the company.


So for all of you, I wish you a wonderful weekend and hopefully, you will join me tomorrow on here to hear about my big shopping day and if I bought anything. Until then, enjoy YOUR weekend, and see you soon.


Picture of the day: Brad and Tom enjoying a nice day on the balcony.

Thought for the day: There is always a lot to be thankful for, if you take the time to look. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels