Saturday, March 29, 2008

SHOP TIL YOU DROP

Well, it's been a busy day. Patricia picked me up at 9 am, and off we went to meet up with Pat and Reta, in North Vancouver for a Saturday of hitting the stores and looking for bargains.

Pat, knows the city like the back of her hand and just knew how to zip around to everywhere, and it was quite impressive for me!
We were on the hunt for good buys and went to some Outlet stores at City Centre in New Westminster and then to Brentwood in Burnaby, and for lunch at Milestones, ....somewhere! I was never sure just where we were. Then our final stop, was a Polish Sausage store near Boundary Road, that has Tom and my favourite different sausages that are soooo good! Patricia is Polish and so she was in her glory and telling me what was REALLY good so, I was buying and came home with bags smelling of garlic and good stuff.
I found a nice blue blouse set in Alia, and a white blouse, there as well. We looked at shoes in the Naturalizer Store, and spent quite some time in there. Women and shoes!!! Are we looking for that magic wonderful looking pair or the fantastic comfortable pair. I guess a little of both! I passed on the shoes.

But, we had some good laughs, some witty comments and came home tired and happy, and full. Just as we were heading home, we ran into a hail storm and boy, did it come down. It's good to be home warm and dry again.

Tom went over to Martin and Joan's this morning and got the GPS sorted out, and also went to visit Meredith and Dave's new BEAUTIFUL home, he said. I would have loved to have seen it also, but will someday.

So, that was my day in a nutshell!! I changed into my PJ's and I'm still feeling chilled, so going to go add some socks and my housecoat to get warmed up.

Short blog today, sorry faithful readers! My numbers are falling for readership, so I'm hoping once March break is over, the numbers will raise up again. Otherwise...nobody will care and I may as well pack it in, although it's fun to find little graphics and just sit here and let my fingers do the walking! Time will tell. See this little crying guy...that's me!


Picture of the Day. Tom just cut this out of today's newspaper and scanned it for me. Now how weird is this!!! Mowing the lawn in the snow!!!


Thought of the day: Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, now that you found out where all the good shopping is you can take ME shopping:)
    Sounds like you women had a great time!
    We enjoyed seeing Tom, but I did still miss you. I am sure we weren't on your mind too often...at least I hope we weren't as you should have been thinking about SHOPPING!!!
    See you sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I read this EVERY day and I love your little graphics and your always interesting comments on your day, which usually make me smile :)

    Sounds like you had a great time with the Gals - I think everyone should do that once in a while - you really don't have to buy anything, it's just a ladies' day out.

    xxxxxx
    Auntie I

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels