Monday, March 10, 2008

RED HATTING ON SUNDAY



Pat, Linda and Rita
A row of red hats and purple outfits. That's Pat, Linda and Rita in the first picture.

Our weather here in BC has returned to rain and dreary looking. Not a nice day to be out, but we ventured to Horseshoe Bay to see the doctor. Tom has had a bad cold this past week that has increasingly been getting worse instead of better. What is it with men, that just don't like to go to the doctor? Anyway, he was having a hard time breathing, not getting any sleep at night (both of us), coughing so hard that his chest hurts, and just plain miserable! They gave him inhalers to help open up his lungs and that seemed to disagree with him, so we'll just have to try it again, when it's time for him to use it again and see, if it was the inhaler, or just the whole trip out. He had to have a chest x-ray as well, so he back in bed and trying to get comfortable.
I have a feeling that this time next week, I should be in full bloom with the same virus, as my throat is feeling a little scratchy right now.

Nothing else is really new to tell you about. I've been playing nurse and just having
a quiet day. I've been trying to sort out my photo's on the Picassa program and I
have so many on the computer and some how, many repeats. It's a long chore to sort them out.
So, I'm going to go made some soup for dinner and settle down tonight and just read my book. I'm reading "Eat, Pray, Love", right now. It's pretty good!


Picture of the Day:

Warningby Jenny Joseph
WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN I SHALL WEAR PURPLE .With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me. And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter. I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells And run my stick along the public railings And make up for the sobriety of my youth. I shall go out in my slippers in the rain And pick the flowers in other people's gardens And learn to spit
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat And eat three pounds of sausages at a go Or only bread and pickle for a week And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry And pay our rent and not swear in the street And set a good example for the children. We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now? So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

Taken from the bookWhen I Am An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple















































































































































































































































































2 comments:

  1. Linda, that is a VERY NICE picture of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks so nice in their red and purple! Nice photo of you Linda!
    Sure hope Tom's gets some relief from his cold real soon.
    Thinking of you,
    Love,
    Sam xo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels