Tuesday, April 29, 2008

FELINE ENTERTAINMENT





Tom had an appointment at 8:45 this morning, to have his second cataract taken off. I slept in, and he never called me, and luckily, I woke at 8! Talk about moving fast. He thought his appointment was at hour later. He didn't know I could move so quickly! We made it right on the dot, and then he had to wait for almost 2 hours before they began the procedure. It's that "hurry up and wait," that always happens with appointments!
All went well and he's snoozing now. He's really looking forward to not having to wear eyeglasses at all. I swear he looks younger every day, and boy, does he love hearing that!

Poor Roxanne! She brought TJ to the vets yesterday for a checkup and to see if there was anything to give him to avoid ticks. She found one on him before it had burrowed into his skin. So, after a checkup, TJ, had a rabies shot, and all other needed shots, plus he has some rotten teeth that have to come out and that's not cheap!! I felt so bad for giving her a "defective dog".


So, we contributed to the vet bill, as we should, before she sent him back to us! From what she tells us, he sure is a different dog then when he lived here. She has been using the DOG WHISPER'S tricks and training to have good habits and drop the bad one's he picked up with us! Way to go Sam! TJ sounds so happy and content.

My latest reading has been an EXCELLENT Book, with a terrific author, that I'll be checking the library for more of his novels. This one, I would never have picked up, except I read an article praising how good it was and thought, I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did. Now, when I tell you about what it's about, you may think....ahh, not for me! But, it's a real surprise at what great mix of true story/ fiction and history, that is really is. It's about Joe Smallwood, the Premier of Newfoundland and how he started the labour unions. (or is that labor??) What a story it is!! I couldn't put it down. So, I started the next one "Colony of Unrequited Dreams", which different but kind of the same only written from Smallwood's outlook.

Fantastic reading and quite humorous with great characters. I'm almost finished the second book and I hate when a good book ends.



So, just a tip for some great reads, if interested!

Meredith gave us a really cute fountain, that I got all fixed up and working this afternoon. It's right outside the dining room patio door and it's really quite nice. A big round ball on a stand with water spewing out of the top of the ball and running down the sides. Nice sound too, however, I keep thinking....ohhh noo, it's raining again!! We love it! Thanks Mer!
Picture of the day:

Not looking too happy at the moment!
Comment of the day: Lord! when you sell a man a book you don't sell just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life. Love and friendship and humour and ships at sea by night - there's all heaven and earth in a book, a real book.

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels