Sunday, April 6, 2008

SUNDAY AND ALL'S WELL.

All's well and snoozy

All's well, here and I hope all is well wherever you may be!

It began as a rainy, sleepy type day here, but we went out to the mall for some things we needed and got just a little wet. But as I've often noted before, that if the day starts with rain here in Vancouver, by approx. 4 pm, it will clear up and the sun will shine, and the opposite is also true. If it's sunny skies in the morning, I'm never surprised to see rain around 4 pm. True Vancouverites have never seem to notice this before, and maybe it's just where we are situated with the mountains and the sea so close, that this happens. Someday's we get lucky and have a full day of sunshine.

Well Mike N. and Lynn, I suppose you are feeling very sad for me today on the death of my Uncle Chuck. It came as quite a shock, but he'd been suffering for quite some time. The family didn't go visit because he wouldn't have known us anyway! We are waiting for funeral arrangement and then likely we will fly down. So, no need to send beautiful bouquets and sympathy cards, as we won't be here to receive them, but I know your heart is as heavy as mine! Thanks for the memories Uncle Chuck!

(To everyone else, except Mike and Lynn, disregard the above!)

Why does this cat of mine, meow at the door to get out, and when it's opened he walks away, not wanting to go out at all? I sit back down and he's meowing at the door again!! I believe he has some sort of phobia, or is just trying to drive me closer to insanity!
The dog...she's just as bad! She has dog biscuits hidden everywhere in the couch, and after hiding one, comes back begging for another. The cat, in turn, see's this, and can't be left out and comes away from the meowing at the door, just to get his cat treat, then returns to the door meowing!




My cat is very close to losing all 9 of his lives!!


Hopefully tomorrow, I can finally get at potting some flowers. The bluebells in the pot are full of leaves, but no flowers. Maybe I was to remove them from the pot in the Fall. I bought some Irish Hosta's, just because they were a lovely shade of varigated green, so that's my main objective tomorrow, unless, Patricia or my new friend Irma calls me to go for coffee. I met Irma, while walking to the Mall. We ended up walking together, and we got along nicely and she lives just across the road, so she gave me her phone number to call and come for tea. She called today and likely we will get together tomorrow, so I'm always up to making new friends. She has a lovely Scottish accent.

Well, it's getting close to dinner time, so I better start moving about and getting the stove turned on and doing my domestic, wifely chore. Or is that statement saved for another CHORE! hahah

Picture of the day: Tom and his sister Isabelle...oops....better say..YOUNGER sister!!


Thought of the day:To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo of Tom and Isabelle!

    I think spring has finally come to Ontario! We had two glorious days of sunshine and warmer temps! Was lovely!

    I told Mike you'd have something about Uncle Chuck on your blog. Sad to see him go.

    Love you,
    Sam xo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels