Monday, April 21, 2008

TIME FOR TEA?

TIME FOR TEA AND COOKIES?

Come on in, sit right down and lets have tea! I just made two batches of cookies. so help yourself!!

After yesterday, which was a day of doing nothing, I'm still feeling kind of on the blah side, or just extreme lazy. I'm not sure what this feeling is, but I don't have much energy.
From the sound of my day, though, I guess, I did very good!!

We took the bus downtown after breakfast,this morning, to pick up our income tax from the Acccountant. We just had a coffee at a Tim Horton's and headed home. We tallied up just how much we spent this month on eating out and we couldn't believe what we were spending! So, we decided to cut back, otherwise, we'd likely would have had lunch downtown. Instead, I made spaghetti sauce and put it in the slow cooker for dinner before we left.

Before we left this morning we got a call from a one of the crew that we made friends with, on our trip through the Panama Canal on the Volendam. He looked after us and our cabin and we just fell in love with him. We've met him a few times now, whenever he was on the Vancouver to Alaska run, and had coffee, and we bought little gifts for his two young children back home. We phoned him in Thailand at Christmas and he was so thrilled to hear from us and we got to say hello to his family. He wants us to meet him tomorrow when his ship arrives in Vancouver, before heading right back to Hawaii, which is his run for the moment, then it's Vancouver to Alaska again. He said it's SOOOO cold here, after Hawaii!!! How well we know!! Wait until he gets to Alaska!!

He also has gifts for us from his homeland, so it will be exciting to see what he has for us.

This is our very good friend, Lucky! We sure hope to cruise with him again one day! He's the BEST! He has the most wonderful smile and laugh.

Vancouver is very cold and they say how unusual it is for this time of the year,but I'm being tricked I think, because, I've heard we've had unusual weather, ever since I arrived from Ontario! And to think what weather Ontario is getting!!! Wow!!

Tomorrow when we go downtown, I'll remember this time to take the camera and show you some pictures on tomorrow's blog of life downtown, Vancouver.

Picture of the day: TJ, checking out the cat. He's loving Ontario and being treated like a Queen!


Quote of the day: Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit.

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels