Saturday, April 19, 2008

TIME GOES BY

Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists and expires.

Do you know that I'm 64 Years old?
I'm 770 months old.
I'm 3, 347 weeks old.
I'm 23, 432 days old.
I'm 33,741,676 minutes old..and older as you read this.
I'm 2,024,500,609 seconds old!...and counting!
I was born on a Thursday and my date of conception was on or about June 3rd, 1943!
My fortune cookie reads: Your heart is pure, and our mind clear, and your soul devout!

If you think I've flipped my lid and spent all day on a calculator, I haven't! Well, maybe flipped my lid, but I'm terrible with numbers and a calculator never saves me either.
Here's a fun little site that will give you the same information, plus MANY more little facts, that is kind of fun to read.

Well, we've checked the computer many times since this morning, for news from Roxanne on how TJ is doing and all reports are wonderful! She is having a good time and Roxanne just loves her. We are all so relieved it's gone so well. I'll post more pictures as I get them.
This morning, Tom's son Martin and my fun daughter in law, came over and we went for breakfast. Then to Mark's Work Wearhouse where I bought shoes. I couldn't believe the nice shoes they sell there. Really cute ones! So we had a nice visit and Martin cleaned up my computer and took out all the junk files I seem to accumulate. He also, disgustedly, but nicely, suggested, I clean out the crumbs from my keyboard! (Wonder how they got there!) There is just no place or time, when I'm not eating, I guess! Maybe that's why I had to use a pin to hold my zipper on my slacks closed this morning!! Hmmm!
Then Tom and I walked to the Library, with me trying out my new shoes...running shoes. However they must be broke, because I couldn't run in them, only walk!
Okay..bad joke!
I brought home a slew of books to read, and only last night, started one that is really going to be good, so I'll have to start speed reading to get them all finished. Thank goodness for retirement. Some good retired people volunteer, or do productive things....I read and play on the computer...and eat! However, next week is rug shampooing time, both inside and on the deck and doing windows and other things. You will have to read my blog for next week and see if I stick to what I just wrote!! They are just plans, not promises!!
After all...I'm sixty-four years old and that's pretty darn old, plus my mind is becoming very forgetful, so I may forget what I just wrote! Ha!! Good excuse eh?
Picture of the day: This is Mike (the old guy), whose birthday was on Friday and I tried to call, but he skipped out of work early and I missed him! Mike and I have known each other for MANY years and he's just one of the greatest guy's I know. He has a gentle and kind spirit and also a very talented musical person who has written a Christmas story, a musical and also written the music for it as well. He's been a good friend, a confident and been there to listen when the chips we're down, and just a great pal! So, Mike, I wish you a Very Happy Birthday!! We've had many good laughs over the year and I miss those great times. Mike is also retiring within the next month so Congratulations are in order!! Enjoy your retirement Mike and if you need some good reading suggestions, give me a call!!! Cute Grandson too!!


Quote for the day: Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists and expires.











About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels