Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Here Birdy, Birdy

FREE HOME TO GOOD FAMILY
Everyone had certain little hobbies, or certain, things they collect, or things they just LIKE!!
I like birdhouse's! I loved my backyard at home, with the flowers growing, and colourful birdhouse in the tree's and hanging on the back wall of the garage, and along the fence, where I had a secluded little sitting spot, to enjoy. I loved to do decorative painting and would paint the birdhouse's, some round, some square, some double deckers, with little designs and lots of bright colours. Some would be themes, like an churchhouse, for those religious birds, a old school house, bell and all, or an old country store, with barrels of seeds in them, and little wagon wheels, and ice cream signs. I can't even now remember all the different ones I had, but they are gone now, given away to friends, family and whoever wanted to take them off the fence when I moved here.

Batman's entertainment! These miserable little creatures, I had many battles with! One thing I don't like is squirrels!! Damn little vermin, like rats with long tails!! The bothered the birds, tried to steal their eggs, and eventually got into my attic, and down the wall and was chewing on my electrical box.

I ended up trapping many of these little pests and taking them many miles from home, to a park-like setting where they we're on their own!


Cute they are, but a pain in the butt!!!







Anyhow, I enjoyed the birdhouse's and collecting and decorating different kinds.


One thing, I worried about was washing on the clothes -line, and bird poop, but the birds must have appreciated their nice new homes, and never once left little messes on the clothes. I enjoyed all the little twittering and chirping and seeing the little baby birds poking their heads out of the holes, when mom returned with dinner.

Picture of the day: Batman found a different birdhouse, up at the cottage, but with so many people around the nest was abandoned and the squirrels eventually got the eggs. So sad!!

Thought of the day: When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels