Thursday, July 17, 2008

STARRY, STARRY NIGHT

Vincent
Starry, starry night.

Paint your palette blue and grey,

Look out on a summer's day,

With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.

Shadows on the hills,

Sketch the trees and the daffodils,

Catch the breeze and the winter chills,

In colors on the snowy linen land.

I just bet anything, you are or will be humming the tune to these words after reading them.
Beautiful painting, beautiful words to a beautiful song.

Here is my version of a starry night...well a dark night, but I'm sure the stars are up there somewhere!
The moon was shining into my eyes when I went to bed last night, so had to get up and grab the camera and try to take a night shot. Here's how it turned out.

The full moon, and the lights on the Lion's Gate Bridge, called Gracie's Necklace, after a BC Member of Parliament, Grace McCarthy.
You can see the moon shining on the little patch of the water through the buildings.

Same view in daylight with a cruise ship passing under the Lion's Gate.



This is the Londsdale Quay, where the Sea Bus connects the North Shore to Vancouver. It's a lovely little ride. The Quay is filled with little shops selling a variety of little finds. I like going there!



Salmon Anyone? Or a nice big piece of delicious halibut?

So, now dinner is over and I think I may go for a little walk down to the Pier and back. I hope everyone had a great day too!

NOW FOR MY BIG NEWS!!!

I just booked a flight home for September 10th!!! Yippeeeeee!!!! I get to see my children, grandchildren, and friends!! I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels