Friday, March 27, 2009

COUCH POTATO

Couch potato

That’s me…a true blue Couch Potato today!! It’s now, heading up to 3 pm, and I’m still in my pajama’s and robe.

However, this morning, I got up and made a nice breakfast of bacon and eggs and then went to sit with my coffee to watch The View. For some reason, an urge came upon me, and I set to work cleaning up my little corner area where I sit, on a comfy chair with the computer on my lap, and beside me is a ugly white two tiered table that houses my scanner and all my bits and pieces, that when all contributed, makes this one horrible ugly corner of the room!

I went and grabbed a garbage bag, and started throwing bits of papers with my scribble on them, in the bag, that I know in a few day’s I’ll need, although, I haven’t looked at them in weeks! Out they went!! Some computer passwords to sites I likely won’t return to, bits of healthful tips from Dr Oz, and Oprah, old candy wrappers hidden away (I haven’t eaten ANY candy in a month, since we started this stupid, not working diet!!!!)  I threw out the South Beach diet book, I studied and followed diligently in the garbage bag, but felt guilty and retrieved it, for what reason I don’t know!! Into the bag went old mail, old used,empty envelopes, pens that no longer work, but maybe I should buy refills for….ha!!! When have I ever bought a pen refill, it’s easier to just nab other people’s pens. Tom is still wondering where I nabbed the one from a funeral home and if I have some devious plan to do him in!

Anyway, out went the ugly white table, cleaned up all the junk, my scanner is hidden beside my chair, my computer when not using it sits on another smaller table, and this corner look neater!!

Then Tom got into the act too and decided to start cleaning out the gadgets and junk collected in the cupboards. Out went the too many glasses, out went the broken Silver Bullet, out went the nifty cheese grater, the oil dispensers, my souvenir glass with a light in the bottom, that changes colours, that I got with a cruise drink, that I HAD TO HAVE!!!

Out when many things we don’t use, but takes up valuable space!

And that was our day!!!

Since then I’ve been forwarding a whole mess of jokes that I haven’t opened in days to the people on my joke list, who are probably sick of my name popping up, but too bad because………

who gives a shit I'm retired

                                    ………..that’s what retired people do!!!

So, here I sit, still in my robe, hair uncombed, bed unmade, and garbage sitting in the hallway. Do, I really care? Actually…yeah!! I’m ashamed of myself. I should get dressed, do my hair and make-up and walk to Dunderave, at a good trot and see if these scales will move!! My body just doesn’t want to give up it’s fat!! I SWEAR…I have not cheated even once!!! I’ve followed it to the word. Tom is stuck on 5 pounds and the scales are undecided if it’s 8 or 10 pounds gone….it says it different every time I step on it.  But we will trudge ahead. I’ve set my goal to the end of April and if there isn’t a big weight loss by then, I’m cutting the fat off with a knife!!!

Just to make myself feel better, I will speak the words that hung on the wall in big letters, in my office for many,many years! They where my mantra!!

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now, I feel better about being a couch potato!! Tomorrow will be different!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels