Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HAVE YOU EVER WISHED ON A STAR

 

.Moonbeams_in_a_Jar_by_SilentPlea

Beautiful artwork by www.silentpleadeviantART.com

HAVE YOU EVER WISHED ON A STAR AND CARRIED MOONBEAMS HOME IN A JAR?

I haven’t carried moonbeams home in a jar since my childhood days, when my sister Roxanne and I would sneak out in the night, on the front yard, in our bare feet,while the world slept and was quiet, as we giggled and chased firebugs (which was the closest we could get to moonbeams.)

 Always, still in my old age, I wish on a star!! After all, it makes no difference who you are!!!

Writer: Leigh Harline; Lyrics: Ned Washington

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you
If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do
(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing)
Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true

When I was young, my teacher wrote in my autograph book, “Never let opportunities, like the sunbeams pass you by!”

wishing on a star1

“Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I
might have the wish I wish tonight.”

tinkerbell-pixie-1

wishing on a star2

If you happen to get the opportunity to make a wish on a star tonight, or the next time the sky is full of sparkling jewels, then MY wish, is for all YOUR dreams to come true!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels