Saturday, October 17, 2009

AUTUMN WEATHER

autumn1

 

Autumn Leaves

The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold....
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sunburned hands, I used to hold
Since you went away, the days grow long
And soon I'll hear ol' winter's song.
But I miss you most of all my darling,
When autumn leaves start to fall.

Since you went away, the days grow long
And soon I'll hear ol' winter's song.
But I miss you most of all my darling,
When autumn leaves start to fall.

single leaf

Such a beautiful, and yet sad song.

Well, it’s been a week of feeling under the weather myself! But, my old body has rallied and I’m back to myself, after a week of much sleeping….a great healer!

And with the falling leaves, soon after comes the rain, and we’ve had two days and nights of downpours! But right at this very moment, the sun has come out!!

That’s Vancouver for you!

rain-1

One day, earlier in the week, I did get up and we took a walk down to the Pier. Of course, never without my camera, I was there, when this fellow caught a huge star fish on his line. It was huge!

 

P1070492

Now this next picture look’s very gross, but it’s the other side of the starfish, as when it was hooked on this fellow’s line, the starfish had been eating and sucking in a oyster. So think of this picture as scientific interest! Look at those many, mini tentacles!

He threw the poor thing back to finish it’s dinner.

P1070493

A few other creature’s where hoping for some dinner as well! Here’s a few of them!

P1070484Come on guy’s, with all those lines out, can’t you spare just a little bite of your catch!!!

P1070485 P1070490 P1070499

P1070483 P1070477 P1070504

P1070488

Even the kids are in the act of catching dinner.P1070502  Lovely Fall colours!

P1070495

P1070506

P1070508 I think Jonathon Livingston Seagull found the water a little too cold for his liking!!

P1070509

 

Yesterday, we went off for our monthly fun lunch with Bill, Dianne and Doug. We pick a  different restaurants each month and this month it was The Tomahawk Restaurant. Apparently, it’s was once a great place to eat, but, yesterday, we all had to agree, that it had fallen in food standard. Very disappointing, however the company was great!

Billy, Dianne and Bill’s son joined us this time. I think he’s so good-looking when he smiles!!

P1070527

P1070525

P1070523

P1070529

So, that was pretty much our week! Hopefully, next blog, I’ll have a lot of picture’s as we are heading to Vancouver Island next week.

  P1070531

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels