Thursday, April 8, 2010

THE WIND DID BLOW

wind

Vancouver has been the windy city lately!! Howling wind in the night, with the trees, bending dangerously over and the rain pounding on the windows.

It’s wonderful to wake up with the wind howling and blowing  and being able to snuggle deeper into the blankets, with the feeling that all is well.

However…it hasn’t been that great for a few people!

These picture are not mine, but from the Vancouver Sun!

2778201

Apparently, these boats had moored out in the ocean when the storm came, because only a few days ago, their lease was up and not renewed at False Creek where they had been safely moored.

Some boats sunk, power was cut off, and construction sites had much damage.

Quite a night!!

2778580

Waiting for high tide, and hopefully will help get back into the water.

2758311

This happened on Sunday, while driving through Stanley Park. Winds reached up to 70 Km/hr, with gusts up to 90 Km/hr. We also had a mixed bag of cold weather, freezing rain and hail.

2758313

2758312

We’ve had these winds for a few weeks now, and what a drastic change from the weather when the Olympics where on, when  the weather was beautiful and summer like!

 

 

A_Wind_of_Change 

 We are back to my pictures now!

The mountain from our window has fresh snow on it and very pretty!

P1090474

 The wind calmed down a little bit this afternoon, so I walked down to the Sea Wall to have a look at what I thought would be huge waves rolling in, but it was much calmer then I thought. As I walked through the park, I did get showered with the odd branch and twigs, and glanced up a little fearful at the way the trees where bending over.

The wind was still strong enough that holding the camera still was difficult!

Here comes some big logs, from who knows where their sea journey took them from, to beach up on shore here.

 

P1090483

P1090491

P1090499

This is when the wind had calmed down! Some times in the middle of the night, we can hear the big roller’s crashing on shore. What a lovely sound that is!!

Doesn’t this picture look cold!!! Brrrr!

 

P1090503

I met Tom at the Library, “our home away from home”, where we enjoyed a coffee, read the paper, picked out a book for Tom and surprised him, when I came home with NONE!! I already have half the Library books at home as it is, and trying hard to get them read!

This little street is one I love, as it’s lovely looking in the Spring. It’s not quite up to it’s full beauty with everything in bloom yet, but I’ll take another picture when it’s a mass of colour. 

P1090511

We picked up some fresh made sushi for our dinner tonight. I turned up my nose at it when I first moved here, but do like some of it now. Still haven’t been able to try the raw fish one’s yet!

And that was our day!!

Happy Birthday to my little sister, Roxanne!

I love you Sis, and wish you all life’s wonderful things to come your way!

birthday tulips

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels