Thursday, May 27, 2010

A MISHMASH OF NOTHING

P1100415

Not much happening around here the past few days, and I’ve had nothing to really blog about which is pretty usual, so I’m just blogging on this and that!

I can’t believe that we have made “pets” of two crows! I hate the darn things, but for some reason, we’ve made friends with two of them, (mate’s we believe), who when Tom goes out and whistles, they appear almost instantly and come very close to us now, to see if it’s peanuts or popcorn for a treat.

What a mess they make of the deck though!! I wish they’d go crack open the peanuts some place else, instead of dropping the mess on the deck. I should have bought shelled peanuts!!

P1100426-1

 This is one of our very rare nice day’s lately! It’s been cold and rainy for days and more to come this week. I envy Ontario’s weather!! People in swimming on this day!

P1100418

P1100438 P1100439 P1100440

 Triple Ginger Pecan Biscotti’s

P1100441

 This is about as boring as it can get, but I’ve been asked for this recipe, and here it is. Click on the small pictures to enlarge. They are DELICIOUS and Tom’s favorite, and they are ALL HIS!!!

Move over Paula Dean!!

P1100434-1

P1100435-1 P1100436 P1100437-1 Top left is what they look like after all the ingredience are mixed. The trick is to make sure you really mix the butter, eggs  really well together, until they become almost thick. Then roll them out, put on parchment paper on baking sheet and cook for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. (I sometimes throw in different things, like cut up gumdrops, or cranberries, or walnuts instead of pecans,  or anything I have on hand.)

Below is how they look after 1st baking, let cool for 10 min and slice!

P1100442-1 P1100443-1

Lower temperature to 300 degrees and second bake for 18 minutes. The one’s below are ready for the oven again.

The last pictures is the finished product. Serve with tea or coffee and dip!! Enjoy!

P1100445-1 P1100444-1 P1100446-1

Meredith (my step-daughter) gave me these lovely flowers for Mother’s Day.  I love them!! Thanks Mer!

P1100263-1This is my partner in crime (shopping and dining out), Patricia. Today, we went off to North Vancouver and went many different place’s and came home with parcels!!! Fun day!

She’s a fun person and we do have good chats and laughs!

P1100467-1

 This is Patricia’s partner in crime!!! She looks so innocent and sweet eh?

Yup, Linda, you are showing your age!!! Look at that turkey neck!

P1100466-1

They say that age is all in your mind.  The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels