Monday, May 23, 2011

ALONE AM I

Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it!




imgres.jpg


I've been alone since Friday on this long weekend. Tom and his son Martin went up to Christina Lake (in beautiful Boundary Country, amongst  the Selkirk and Monashee Mountains), until tomorrow and I've had some alone time which has been enjoyable just for the change in routine, but I've had enough time by myself and can't wait for my husband to come home again.
I had been asked to go along but sometimes, it's just nice to be alone for awhile which is something I think only women understand.

I've puttered around, went for walks and enjoyed being in control of the remote control and being free to watch all my favourite shows on TV. 
I ate when and what I felt like, never made the bed, went to bed early and read, read, read....two novels! It's been nice, but I've had enough! I haven't slept well at all and even miss the blanket hogger and being crowded to the edge of the bed. But, how I  miss knowing that someone is in the other room
and being told I'm loved throughout the day.

Yesterday, I finally got to see the swans with their babies. I was told they had 6 but I could only find 5 cute balls of fluff, following their proud parents who came very close to the shore, showing off their family.





So cute!


This morning, I was walking to Dundarave at 6:30am.
It's very nice walking in the early morning with no traffic and hardly anyone up and about.
However, there was one little fellow that stopped me in my tracks, just as I got to the Sea Wall!

I'm enjoying the calm of the morning and just in time, glanced down and right smack in front of me, saw this large black and white tail!!

I quickly backed up a few steps, but the skunk was so intense at digging under a rock that I risked taking a few pictures. A group of 5 other people were walking towards me, and I waved for them to stop and pointed at the skunk and they quickly turned and walked the other way.
 Wow, he was after something and so I tiptoed quickly and quietly past, so I could continue on my way.
 So, now, I'm a little nervous and glancing about me for anything else that may be out this early that I don't want to run across and then I spotted this!!!
It looked like a pig! See the snout on the left and the eye and ear and the shape of the whole thing! I did a quick back up, thinking it was a wild boar!! I never heard of one around here, but I just finished a story of life in another century when wild boars roamed around, so my imagination really got hold of me!
Sure felt very silly when it was only a rock!!!

The rest of my walk was uneventful and it was home again, home again, jiggity jig!


Note: Having some sort of problem with first picture on last post, which won't show up and I can't figure out how to delete it! Sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels