Thursday, December 22, 2011

Third Day After Surgery


Yup! The drugs have been lowered, the epidural removed, most of all that tubing has been taken away. Tom is back to normal, his wild trips are, thank goodness over!





Thanks Barbara for this cute saying above that is very appropriate for this post!
Tom went through a terrible time on those drugs and as well as being comical for us, it was also very disturbing, and very difficult for him.
I am very happy to have him well again, cancer free, and this bad dream just about over.


He had the nurses, laughing and giggling at even his lucid moments, at his wit and fantastic humour. He is quite the comic and the most likeable man I know.
He was up on his feet today, walking down the hall, further and more often, pushing IV pole along with him, sitting for a while watching TV in the television room, before nodding off again to sleep. Then it was back to bed again.


His poor tummy is very distended and full of gas, and once that releases, he can have a little food for the first time since last Saturday. The nurses say they are waiting for the "trumpets to blow!" So far..just a bugle toot! 


So, he's coming home, sore, but cancer free! What a wonderful Christmas gift for us all, I just wish I could wave a magic wand and have cancer disappear from everyone's lives.
We must somehow stamp out this disease with a cure! Please everyone, remember it in your thoughts and prayers as you read this and maybe our collective thought and prayers will help. Anything is worth a try!


I don't think Tom will make it home for Christmas, but hopefully a day or two later. I miss him terribly, I don't sleep well, sitting here without him is not a complete home at all. Plus.....I can't stop eating!!!  While he loses weight, it finds ME! 
However he will be so pleased when he gets home to see I did NOT renovate the whole place as his drugs had him thinking I had done, plus he thought my taste was horrible!! I did NOT make this a two bedroom condo by hanging hospital curtains down the middle of the bedroom! So funny!


To everyone...thank your for your kind word of encouragement, your phone calls, emails, and cards, and concern. We both appreciate all you did you help us through this scary time.


This is what I opened my eyes to this morning. I lay in bed looking at the beauty as the sky changed by the second, then jumped out of bed and got my camera before daylight came and the moon disappeared to attempt to capture it all.
The string of lights is called "Gracie's Necklace", and it's the lights on the Lion's Gate Bridge.


Below are some of the picture's I took in North Vancouver, while walking to the Lonsdale Quay.


A huge bear!

A STARVING horse! In fact, I think he's done for!
Pansies just planted. 
Downhill walk down Lonsdale Ave. That's Vancouver across the water. 
From the Lonsdale Quay, looking towards Vancouver 
Pilot Boats or Rescue boats...I'm not sure what. 







Dear Santa,

I don't want much for Christmas, I just want the person reading this to
be happy. Friends are the fruit cake of life --- some nutty, some soaked
in alcohol, some sweet but mix them together and they're my friends .
At Christmas you always hear people talking about what they want & bought.
This is what I want: I want people who are sick with no cure, to be
cured. I want children with no families to be adopted. I want people to
never have to worry about food, shelter & heat. I want peace on earth,
goodwill and love for everyone!



Thank you Dorothy for the above!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you readers. Please leave at least 'hello" to let me know someone is reading this! Thanks and a hug in return!

About Me

My photo
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment! In love with a wonderful husband!! A Capreol Girl from 1959-1975, Belleville 1975-1985

Followers

Linda's Rambling and Other Things

Labels